2.06.2011

The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?


A couple of days ago, comedian Michael Ian Black tweeted that "Listening to 80s music is great for an hour or so.  Not sure how we did it for a decade."  He's got a point.  After a while, things you start to feel sick, like when you eat too much candy.  Too much of a good thing, I suppose.  That being said, I could listen to The Smiths for hours.  Morrisey's not-really-good-but-somehow-amazing vocals give me hope that one day I can be a frontman despite my voice, or lack thereof.  (I'd have dope stage presence.  You don't even know.)  I feel like if I was born a few years earlier on in the 80s, I would have needed The Smiths just to make everything else more palatable.  Here's one of my favorites by them.  You may recognize it as the theme song to the show "Charmed".

 How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths by ruinednation

...and here's Death Cab For Cutie covering another great Smiths song, This Charming Man:



Interesting fact:  Mexican gangs are really into The Smiths.  It makes me wonder if they're aware of the homosexual overtones.

No comments:

Post a Comment